Situated in the Consecrated/West Section of Jesmond Old Cemetery.
The canopied tomb, with four slender octagonal piers and tudor arches, was erected as a memorial to the Keenleyside children. They died in the cholera epidemic of 1841-42; wealth being no protection from infection and a contaminated water supply. Eleanour, the third daughter, died 9 December 1841, aged two, followed by Charles, the eldest son on 24 December, with James, the second son, dying on 1st January 1842, aged ten.
Tragedy visited the family again in 1870 when a daughter, Louisa Parker, died shortly after giving birth to a grandchild, who also died. The Keenleysides lived in Carlton House, Carlton Terrace, now Jesmond Road. The tomb is a listed structure.